Map-o-meter is an easy to use app that allows you to mark an arbitrary path/route on the map and measure its distance.
With closed paths the area is displayed.
Contractors can easily measure distances/areas of a terrain, golf players can measure distance to a hole, pilots can measure runway length, race drivers can measure racetrack length, tourists can find the walking distance from point A to point B on any city.
- Imperial and metric units are supported
- Map can be automatically zoomed to your current location
- Current location can be added to path
- Paths can be saved in XML or KML format.
XML files can be loaded in Map-o-meter, KML files can be loaded in GoogleEarth (if installed).
Files can be transferred to your PC/Mac using iTunes filesharing.
- Search a location (by address or name)
- Compute route given a start and finish points and optional waypoints
- Portrait and landscape support
Universal app, supports iPad native resolution and iPhone/iPod.
Note: area computation uses spherical geometry, it is not accurate for small areas.