PrintCheck is an easy to use app to print bank checks. Any printer that can print envelopes can be used to print checks from you checkbook.
Currently PrintCheck can print checks from the following countries: Argentina, Brazil, Canada (fr and en), France, Germany, India(en), Portugal, UK, USA, Spain.
Printed checks not only look good but forgery by inflating the amount is more difficult then with a pen/ink written check. There is an option to print the amount number in negative format that makes modifications even harder (see scanned samples).
- Amount text is automatically written in check's country language while the amount number is entered.
- Checks can be crossed and optionally text can be printed between crossing lines.
- Portrait and landscape printing is supported
- Position and size of check fields can be fine tunned to match a real check.
- To help field positioning adjustments, a grid can be printed in inches or centimeters.
- Check configuration can be exported/imported.
- Information about printed checks can be logged to a text file.
- You can choose a font for printing. Font size is automatically decreased if needed.
- When printed, amount number is formatted based on check's country locale.
- Amount number can be enclosed by #.
- Amount number can be printed in negative (a black rectangle with hollow numbers)
- Amount text can be enclosed by ().
- Amount text line can be filled with =.
- Amount text can be printed in lowercase, uppercase or capitalized.
A demo version of PrintCheck can be downloaded: PrintCheck.dmg
The demo version has all features of the app store version but prints the word "DEMO".
It requires Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later.